Friday, September 28, 2012

To profane or… (non-religious)

           I have decided to dedicate myself to creating environmentally safe eye and ear zones. Yes, that means actually taking the time to properly articulate an idea or emotion instead of resorting to the use of “shock” terminology. Mind you I have no intention of trying to change the world into following me on my path to spiritual constancy. Only that I am on a personal mission to be a better me. I realize that it is simply easier to use profanity to express oneself than to stop and think through an idea or emotion. For me, this will include not using punctuation in place of foul language or a combination of letters and punctuation to press forward the idea of words that are less than socially proper.

I don’t believe this will be that difficult to accomplish since my propensity to use this type of language is minimal. However, I have been known to allow an occasional word of this nature to land on the ears of an un-expecting soul. It is this that I wish to eliminate from my personal inconsistencies. I do expect that the elimination of soft profanity will be a slightly more difficult to achieve. While some words are not necessarily considered profane, they do lead one to consider them in terms that are coarser than the word itself denotes. Of course this would depend on the context that the word is used.

So while I ask that others respect my desire to keep clear my eyes and ears of less than well articulated speech, I will continue to respect your freedom of speech as long as it is not a deliberate attempt to offend me. Of course, you are welcome to join me in my quest for spiritual constancy.

May peace be with you, along with your ears and eyes.

by David E.Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment