Sunday, April 14, 2013

Follow me. 3rd Sunday of Easter

John 21; 1 – 19

           Last week’s readings we took a look at faith. In today’s Gospel reading Jesus asks for the ultimate show of faith. This is a faith that allows human beings to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Think about this for a minute; too follow the God incarnate, Messiah!
           Our Christ asks his disciples and thus he asks us; Follow me in works of charity, follow me in martyrdom, and follow me to the gates of heaven where my Father awaits longing to embrace your return home. Follow me even though you do not see me; follow me even though you cannot hear me, follow me in faith. Follow me in your life lived, a life lived in love.
           Throughout the Gospels Jesus uses a lot of parables and imagery when he speaks to his disciples, but here the message is laid out before them in a candid manner.
Will you? Can you? Are you? Following me…          

by David E. Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment